Sunday, August 26, 2007

Update to Travelling With a Buddy and Bonding With a Car

For my regular readers: I took the new driving machine for a training run down Highway 17 this afternoon. It growled appreciatively at just the right places, and sighed in harmony when nestling in to just the perfect parking space at Newbie Surfer beach on West Cliff Dr. The bonding has begun.

On a related but rather stretched note: I blathered a while back about the importance of women finding a great travel buddy, early. I just wish I had understood early on about the importance of finding the great car buddy then as well. Ah well, never too late to learn the important lessons of life.

And now to weave it all together: in celebration of one (and there were several!) great trip this year, I am attempting to include a new feature offered by blogspot.com (God love Google!): the video link. For those of you subscribing by email or RSS feed, you will have to visit the actual website to click on this to see my offering for today, I think. (There is a link in the end bits of the email update notice.) It is a short video created from still shots taken while my Travel Buddy and I were in Paris this February. Enjoy!

September 27: Update from my first un-conference

Rats. I loved this video. I love the photos, I love my travelling buddy, and I loved the beautiful haunting solo by Andre Bocelli that I had included as the sound track. And I hate that I have just been convinced that even on my piddly little 12-subscriber blog, this constitutes a copy-right violation.

My alternatives: re-render with cheesy synthesized stock music, pay thousands of dollars in royalty fees to Mr. B to leave the sound track in place, recording three minutes of the lovely melody on a kazoo myself, silence, or remove the video.

Realities: hate cheesy stock music, no budget, kazoo soundtrack will lose everyone in my subscriber list except those who haven't yet figured out how to turn on their computer speakers yet, and I've never been good with silence,... ever. So, I'm removing the video until I can figure out how to have my video and post it, too. Sorry. And sad. And a little frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment