Monday, September 24, 2007

Someone Should Really Fix This Mess

Every once in a while, my News-Pater sends me a scan of some piece of note from their local fish-wrapper on Vancouver Island. The latest installment was a delightful piece on the demise/need for preservation of the English language by Iain Hunter. I was caught up short by this line:

"It's easier, I find, to maintain that anything in danger from vanishing from this planet should be preserved, and leave it to others to find ways to stop the planet itself from vanishing."

Much in my life these days echoes this sentiment... that all I can really handle right now is to maintain a small position on matters, and leave the BIG questions to those either smarter than me, or at least to those who get more sleep. The world and all its confusions and complexities and desperate need that someone know something for certain and act on it to fix things is quite beyond me these days. All I really know is who I care about and how much I love them and how incredibly vulnerable the whole shiteroo is to misunderstanding and miscommunication and messiness. We are in desperate need of a Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment