Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'M GETTING MY GREEN CARD!!! I think...



About a week ago, I got an email from our immigration firm with a letter attached from the USCIS (United States Customs and Immigration Services). I thought I'd include it here for the interest of those dear souls who have travelled the past seven years with us in our immigration adventures. It is a document that brings our family great news, I think. I hope. But I'm not entirely sure.

I share it here to primarily let you know that something is happening. Also, I hope it will explain why in the past when I have started trying to explain the latest episode or movement in our immigration process over these years, my listener's eyes begin to glaze over and all of a sudden they remember an important errand they must tend to immediately. All the communications between the US government and our family have shared the same level of transparency of meaning, tone, and timing. (It's been three weeks since the letter is dated and so far, not another syllable has been issued regarding my status.)

In case the font is a bit small in the image I've posted of the letter itself, I've re-typed the pertinent section below so you can celebrate the moment with us. That is, when and if you can figure out what exactly the news is. And when you do, will you please let me know?

"This notice refers to your Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765) filed on May 29, 2007, in which you are requesting employment based upon your filing of a pending application for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident under Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, (8CFR) 274a.129(C)(9). Upon consideration, it is ordered that the request be denied for the following reasons:

Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, (8CFR) 274a.129(C)(9) states, in pertinent part:

'Any alien who has filed an application for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident pursuant to Part 345 of this chapter may apply for employment authorization during the period that application is pending.'

A review of your record indicates that the Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (I-485) you filed with this Service has been approved. The Form I-485 is therefore no longer pending with this Service and you are ineligible for employment authorization under 274a.12(c)(9).

There is no appeal to this decision. Please note that aliens who are lawful permanent residents of the United States are authorized to engage in employment. Please refer any question to your local INS office."

3 comments:

  1. i really don't know what this means. it uses both the words "approved" and "denied" - complicated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! -- I think... ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have got it!!! Congratulations!!!

    ----------------
    Janaka

    New York Immigration Lawyer Marina Shepelsky, located in Brooklyn, assists clients from the New York metro area and across the United States in all immigration and naturalization matters http://www.e-us-visa.com

    ReplyDelete