Thursday, November 22, 2007

And While I'm On The Subject, Here's a Random Top Ten List of Other Stuff That I'm Thankful For...

  1. Big Loud Nasty Immigration Guy. (They re-opened my Employment Authorization Document application case this week. A heart-felt thank you from Doofus Applicant, BLNIG.)
  2. Blogging, and the discovery that you really can just write from the gut, release your words to the webber-net wind, and your worlds don't collide and the moon doesn't fall from the sky.
  3. My dear family: close and/or close by, north, right of north, left of anywhere on this planet, fodder for a Fox reality show, and all possible quirky positions in-between.
  4. The moon.
  5. Apple Computers, for giving me a new computing device (although we are still in the "circling each other warily and sniffing for signs of malevolent intent" stage) and for giving my mildly work-ethically challenged yet brilliant and soulful son a job.
  6. My friends... the whole obscenely-faithful, creative, encouraging and long-suffering lot of them.
  7. The amazing (in each and every sense of the word) people I work with, for, around, under and in spite of.
  8. Doctors who aren't afraid of using new machines on skittish-while-gowned ablation patients. Also, those who can stomach gently shoving aside a stark naked cerebellum during surgery to deal firmly with a little intracanalicular acoustic neuroma message from God, who seems to be asking, "So, do you really trust Me or is that just Sunday morning feel-good-to-heavy-drum-beatin' social conformity?"
  9. Cameras and the basic intellect with which to operate them, AND get them off the camera on to my new iMac. I take neither of these for granted.
  10. People who subscribe to PFIFB.

God bless them, every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment