Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Emily Blue!

Em, I spent a lot of time thinking about you this week-end as I put this video together and thought about what it means for you to have been part of my life for 25 years now. I thought of ten thousand things I could write about how amazing you are and had great intentions of crafting the most eloquent birthday greeting yet in the history of mankind. But no matter how hard I try, I can't get the words to line up in actual sentences. And I think I have figured out why.

It's because those words know they're your words and are behaving accordingly. They know you'll take them as the essential building blocks of "the stuff of Emily" and you'll put them together in whatever way is fun, makes the most sense to you, and tastes good. Plus, you have the video if you need to see what they look like in action.

Here's your list of recalcitrant words:

Loyal brave integrity honorable alive compassionate athletic no-bull genuine gorgeous funny generous happy assertive spiritual smart tough authentic thoughtful rhythmical refreshing unique eloquent sassy dancin' queen protective fun beautiful adventurous creative edgy intuitive profound.

And best of all, ours.


1 comment: