Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New iMac, New Blahg, and One New Insight

Today iAm the proud owner of an iMac for which iBe most grateful. And a wee bit confused: how do you "select all" on a Mac, and what's the deal with the squeezy buttons on each side of the mouse? I'm sure I'll stumble on the answer to all these black box questions sooner or later. Actually, that's a PC-biased statement: they're more like "white monitor" questions now and I should take more care with my language. This is especially true now that Third Child is solidly embedded into the core of Apple. (HA! I should be shot, sometimes, and probably frequently.) BTW, his first question when he found out that the UPS stork had landed and we were unpacking and gluing together all the iBits and iPieces--okay, no glue and only 3 iBits and no iPieces--was "Has iT crashed yet?" hmmm....

So, now I have all this nifty new software, housed in a sleek mondo screen and connected to my brain by a midgy wee keyboard and freaky mouse. I'm told that somewhere there is a pre-installed menu, in a land far, far away and accessible no doubt by two roller-ball clicks and a double simu-side-squeeze on the weirdo mouse. This mythical menu theoretically contains access to a "websites for dummies" application that makes building or updating a website so easy you don't have to know anything at all in order to tell the world just that. If that's true, I'm going to re-visit the ol' www.kathyschmidt.com website and convert it to a blahg focusing on issues and topics specifically relating to communications: corporate, personal, inter-planetary... whatever. PFIFB will then revert to its roots as a sweet little home-spun blahg which focuses on issues and topics relating to nothing specific at all aside from my own random synapse connections spawned in hormonal rages or lack of sleep, punctuated by moments of lucid insights or profound spiritual slaps-upside-the-head. Let it be said you heard it here first: I'll be using the the Mac for more serious corporate reputation-enhancing material, and the PC for my wild-side: creative, experimental, self-revelatory (and probably rambling) personal drivel. Like this:

One of my more memorable (I took a picture so I would remember) take-ways from last week's "Corporate Communications and The Social Media Revolution*" was the realization that at most hotel catered continental breakfast offerings, the best part of the meal is the garnish. Tip To You: get there early before I scoop up all the fruit and all that's left is the colon-clogging carbo mountains of bagels and the plates filled with ribbons of some disgusting pink crap that I think was supposed to be strawberry cream cheese but looked like something that had waged a valiant war with bottles and bottles of Pepto Bismol on the intestinal distress front, but lost. I certainly wasn't going to be eating any of it this side of the Donner Pass.



*BTW, I've referenced the name of this event several times already in this blahg, and I think that's the first time I've actually got it right. See? The serious "get it right" Mac phenomenon is kicking in already!

No comments:

Post a Comment