Monday, October 8, 2007

I Give Up: Facebook Grammar Wins

For those of you waiting to exhale, breathe out.

I'm staying in facebook, irregardless of what I seen yesterday with the "Gotten New Friends?" headline on the new application what my friend used. The battle is already lost. Neither I nor the actual grammarians of the world who might shiv a git about English grammar can do a dagnabbit thing aboudit.

I was walking back to the car from a brief zip into Trader Joe's today and walked alongside a group of lovely elderly ladies disembarking from an "Our Lady Of Fatima Villa" handi-bus. Said Blue Hair with matching blue polyester suit to Sweet Companion with the walker and almost no hair but spiffy in her burgundy pedal-pushers nonetheless, "... so, I said, okay, like, whatever...."

You could have knocked me over with a travel tube of denture cream.

2 comments:

  1. From an email subscriber:

    Like, so totally, y'know? I mean...duuuuuude! Whoa.

    Have you seen the latest "new" words too? Like, uh, ginormous? Disgrossting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another from an email subscriber:

    My take on face-book – I was put-off (is that still a state of being in this world?) by the first sign-in page. They wanted my age. Why in the hell are they interested? I’m not about to join something – other than the big retirement community in my future – that before I do anything, wants my age.

    ReplyDelete