Sunday, July 15, 2007

On Committment

I vacillate between being fit and thin(ner... it's all relative these days), and being spiritually connected, enjoying my friendship with Jesus. It's really a question of time. ("Yah, RIGHT!" yells my truth-telling eternity-dwelling, never-cuts-me-any-wiggle-room core: "it's a matter of priorities!" But she doesn't work on Silicon Valley time, does she?!) In any case, history shows I can get it together to either run every day, or read/pray every day, but not both, or at least not both consistently. So when I like how I look and fit in my skin, it doesn't really matter because I am spiritually adrift and can't really connect that outward reality to who I actually am. When I'm spiritually in tune, I become acutely aware that this "real me" is toting around an extra 20 pounds in the southern hemisphere of my seriously threatened jeans. So what makes me think I'm gonna stick with blogging?

No comments:

Post a Comment